A Download Manager/Accelerator is a must-have tool for every internet user. There are many download managers and (so called) accelerators for Windows that promise to improve download speeds by 200% etc. But, very few download managers live up to their promise and Speedbit’s Download Accelerator Plus is one such download manager. DAP has been accelerating downloads for a very long time and more than 230 million users trust it. So, through this review you’ll know why DAP has become so famous and what features makes it stand out from the crowd.
The installer of DAP not just installs the application but it will also promote other Speedbit products. If you want to install DAP only, then keep an eye on installation. If not, you may end up installing other products, toolbars, changed search engine settings of your web browser etc.
Interface and Configuration :
Interface of DAP is clear and easy to understand. All your downloads will be organized in two different ways.
- According to download status.
- According to category.
Category view will make it easy to browse the required downloaded file quickly.
Not only that, DAP will offer so many options to the user so that he can customize it accordingly. Using these Options (Tools > Options) you can :
- Select the desired mode of acceleration from available modes i.e. Normal mode, Above Normal mode, Accelerated mode, Broadband Optimization, High Accelerated Speed etc.
- Set number of simultaneous downloads.
- Create or edit categories to organize downloaded files into folders with respective categories as the folder names.
- You can exclude certain file types, which you don’t want to download with DAP.
- Scan downloaded files with your antivirus.
- Schedule downloads and many more.
Most of the malware spreads from internet and it is very important to scan the downloaded files before using them. But, with DAP you don’t need that extra effort to scan them manually. DAP analyzes the downloaded files with it’s unique Multi Antivirus technology (that includes renowned antiviruses like Kaspersky, Avira, NOD32, AVG, Avast etc). So, with that many best antiviruses on the list, it’s tough for malware to escape from DAP.
Other Features :
DAP comes with in-built internet browser and FTP browser. But they are not complete alternatives to such standalone applications. Their functionality is limited. For example, with FTP Browser, you can only browse and download the files from your server but you cannot upload files using DAP.
Making Use of DAP (Save Online Radio Streams etc) :
Number of features of a software doesn’t matter if the end user fails to utilize them. DAP is not just an ordinary download manager. It has so many powerful features and all you have to know is how to make use of them. So, we thought to give few usability tips on how to get the most out of DAP.
Save Online Radio Streams :
Many online radio stations (like xiph.org directory) gives .M3U playlists to users so that they can tune-in using their favorite media player. Usually what we do is, we open that .M3U with a media player like Winamp, iTunes etc and we’ll listen to the radio station. Now, let us see what happens if if open that .M3U file with DAP :
- To import .M3U file into DAP, go to File > Import > M3U playlist and then browse for .M3U playlist.
- Now, DAP will analyze that M3U playlist and it’ll list all the streams of that radio station.
- Just, select the songs you wish to save or use select all to download all radio streams.
I’ve just shown you a way to make use of DAP. There is so much to explore in DAP. The premium version unlocks more features like Private downloads, Extreme Acceleration, preview zip files even before they are downloaded etc. So, download DAP today and explore the end-less opportunities.
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- Like the Facebook Fan Page of Avinashtech (If you don’t have a Facebook account you can skip this).
- Leave a comment below telling us why you need it. (Avoid using twitter, Facebook login to comment as I wont be able to get your email address to send you a email in case you win).
- Share this on Twitter, Facebook. (If you have an account there).