For most of us, Gmail has become the primary email for various reasons. Apart from the email, Contacts saved in Gmail form a integral part of the data that we store on Gmail. Ther best feature of Gmail contacts is that they can be imported, exported and synced almost everywhere on any device you own. IF you have a Android device, then its hell lot easier to sync your Gmail contacts with your Android device. If you have a iOS device like iPhone or iPad, its not as easy as syncing contacts on any android device but still its quite easy instead of adding all those contacts manually to your iPhone or iPad.
Today we will talk about how to Import Gmail contacts to Iphone and iPad by configuring few settings in your iOS device. You need to use the Microsoft Exchange feature inside the settings of Mail, Contacts, Calenders of your iPhone or iPad.
1. Just Browse to Settings on your iphone or iPad home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. OS 4.0+ now allows multiple Exchange accounts. However, if you’re on a device that doesn’t let you add a second account, you could also use CalDAV to sync Google Calendar and IMAP to sync Gmail.
5. Just enter Account Info details like in the Email field, enter full Google Account email address. If you use an @googlemail.com address, you may see an “Unable to verify certificate” warning when you proceed to the next step.
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialogue appears.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar and Contacts) that you want to sync.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync installation when prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the “All Contacts” group instead. If there are no contacts on your phone, the latter will happen – the contents of your All Contactsgroup will be synced.
Now Synchronisation will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your device. You can also open the Mail, Calendar or Contacts app and wait a few seconds to start a sync.
VIa: Google Help