Few months back, we covered the launch of Windows 8 Developer Preview edition and how to Windows 8 to dual boot with Windows 7 [guide]" href="http://www.avinashtech.com/microsoft/dual-boot-windows8-windows7/" target="_blank">install Windows 8 on your system. We also covered some of its top features and what we should look forward to. Microsoft has now released Windows 8 Consumer preview edition and is available to everyone for download now.
This is a consumer preview edition or Beta, which means that its almost stable and can be tested by normal public users instead of just developers.
64-bit (x64): Download (3.3 GB)
Sha 1 hash — 1288519C5035BCAC83CBFA23A33038CCF5522749
32-bit (x86): Download (2.5 GB)
Sha 1 hash — E91ED665B01A46F4344C36D9D88C8BF78E9A1B39
Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J
Download links and Product keys for other languages can be found here.
Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
How to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview from an ISO image
We have already covered how to install Windows 8 Developer preview edition using an ISO image file. The steps are still the same for this Co9nsumer Preview edition too. Check out the posts below for details on How to Install Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
- Windows 7 [guide]" href="http://www.avinashtech.com/microsoft/dual-boot-windows8-windows7/" target="_blank">How to install Windows 8 to dual boot with Windows 7 [guide]
- Create bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 8