Just few days back, Bitdefender released final versions of their security Products. Today we will talk about Bitdefender Internet security 2012 and will be giving away five License keys to Avtechies using a Random draw. Bitdefender is a well known name in Antivirus and security products for PC. Almost 6 months back, we did a review of Bitdefender Total security during our annual celebrations. Bitdefender Internet security provides combination of a Antivirus, antispam, antiphising, firewall, parental controls and few more features integrated in one single product.
Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 integrates antivirus, antispam, antiphising, firewall, parental controls, and social networking safeguards into the perfect silent security solution for Internet-connected families!
- Blocks viruses, spyware & spam
- Halts ID theft attempts
- Filters the links you receive from your Facebook and Twitter friends
- Keeps kids safe with cutting-edge parental controls
- Firewall to guard your Internet connection
We installed it on Windows XP machine. The installation went thru without any hiccups. Only point of concerns which I noted was:
- the whopping big size of installer (~ 226 MB for 32 bit and 245 MB for 64 bit OS) and needs at least 800 MB on the system drive. I am unable to understand how a security product installer gets so big.
- The Minimum system requirement for RAM (Memory) is 1 GB for running it on a system.
Anyway, the installation didn’t asked me to reboot the system for Bitdefender Internet security to start working. Also, the Memory footprint it took was too small than what I had expected. Initially it was ~6 MB but later on Reduced to almost 3 MB. I am still not sure if this figure is same for everyone else.
Apart from the existing features of Bitdefender Internet security in previous versions like Antivirus, antispam, antiphising, firewall, parental controls, the 2012 version comes out with loads of new features such as Rescue Mode, Virtualized Browser, AutoPilot, Social Network Protection, Search Advisor and Scan Dispatcher .
- Rescue mode – Reboots your computer in a trusted environment, which is used for cleanup and restoration
- Virtualized Browser – Isolates the browser from the operating system in a Bitdefender-provided environment to block web-based threats
- Autopilot – Provides a hassle-free experience by making optimal security-related decisions without input from you
- Social Network Protection – Filters the links you receive from your Facebook and Twitter friends and monitors your privacy settings
- Search Advisor – Gives advance warning of risky websites right in your Google and Bing search results
- Scan Dispatcher – Triggers system scans when resource usage falls below a certain threshold to avoid any impact on your system’s performance
I have not done a full review here. All I am doing here is just a brief review as doing a full review needs more time and more testing on system. I would love to hear some thoughts from anyone who has tested the trial version of Bitdefender Internet security 2012.
Thanks to Bitdefender, we are giving away 5 license keys of Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 to lucky subscribers of Avinashtech. For being eligible to participate in contest/draw, you need to do the following:
- Subscribe to Avinashtech by entering your email address in the subscribe box on right sidebar of the blog or by clicking this link. Do remember to verify your email address when you get the verification email from Feedburner.
- Like the Facebook Fan Page of Avinashtech (If you dont have a Facebook account you can skip this).
- Leave a comment at Avinashtech Forum telling why you would like to have Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 License.
As we have moved the comments from blog to Forum, it means that You need to be a member of the forum to leave a comment on this giveaway.
Giveaway is open for next four days.